JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
RESIDENTIAL SOLAR SOLUTIONS
WHAT WE DO:
We design, supply and install turnkey Solar Power supply solutions that includes:
- System Sizing and engineered designs
- Energy Efficiency interventions and consulting
- Supply of all components and electrical fittings
- Turnkey installation of complete solutions
- COC and sign-off certificates provided
- Operations and maintenance agreements available
WHO ARE OUR CLIENTS:
- Home owners that want to be more independent from the grid but still use the grid for backup (Grid-tied hybrid solar solutions)
- Individuals that want to save money on their electricity bills but don’t need battery backup (Grid-tied solar power solutions)
- People that want to have their own power stations that pay themselves off in 5/6 years vs paying electricity forever
- Clients that want to get off the grid completely and live independently from the grid
- Off-grid/eco developments that don’t allow grid connections or prefer renewable energy options
- Farmers that want to save on pole costs and service fees and avoid security risks of power outages
- Off-grid camera systems, electric gates, electric fences, small scale houses
- Customers in rural villages that have no access to electricity
WHERE WE WORK:
- We have offices in Tshwane (Pretoria), Johannesburg, Tzaneen and Mkhondo (Piet Retief)
- With an installers and agents network across Southern Africa
- We can do work across the African continent (project management team with local labor)
HOW WE WORK:
- The client contacts us
- We do a needs and site assessment (if needed)
- A proposal is done and presented to the client
- The client accepts our quotation
- An implementation team is assigned
- The project is planned and completed
- The client &/or engineer signs off
- Operations and maintenance is done (if needed)
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
Contact our residential solar supply specialists to have your questions answered and receive a free quotation
+27 (0)12 807-1023
+27 (0)74 367-8545
+27 (0)12 807-1023
+27 (0)74 673-1629
Background - Residential Solar Power Solutions
SEG provides residential solar from starter system that just run the basics to full off-grid systems that can run a whole house.
The systems types we do include: Grid-tied (self-consumption and net-metering), off-grid and grid-interactive hybrid systems.
These are mostly meant for home owners either in cities (grid-interactive) or on farms/small holdings (off-grid/grid-interactive).
Residential conversion to solar is a relatively easy one if energy efficient appliances, geysers and stoves are used in combination with the solar solution. A mind shift is required as the customer ends up owning and managing their own power plant at home.
A comprehensive energy audit and site assessment is done beforehand to ensure that a client will have a right sized, sustainable solution with a long system life expectancy.
Systems pay themselves off in energy production and energy savings. The average pay-off period is 6 to 10 years compared to a 25 year life of system. These systems starts paying for themselves from day 1.
SEG does turnkey installations that includes: sizing, design, feasibilities, engineering, component supply, electrical reticulation, installations, commissioning, securing, monitoring, maintenance & management.
Benefits of Residential Solar Power
- Save money on energy. Pay off your solar system and get free energy.
- Non-polluting (air & water), renewable, quite solution for power generation.
- These are solar power systems that can be installed at private houses both in towns and on farms (with or without grid connections)
- Different system types available include; Off-grid, grid-tie or grid-interactive systems
- Solar Panels can either be installed on a roof, car port or ground mount (open field) structures
- Battery bank(s), MPPT Charge Controllers and inverters can be installed in a garage or battery room
How do residential solar power systems work
- Grid-tied solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy gets converted from DC to 220/380 volt AC current and supplied to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption) and/or supplied power to the grid (stored/wheeled/banked/net-metering).
- Off-Grid solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy is used by a MPPT Charge Controller to charge up a battery bank --> The battery bank stores the power for later use --> The inverter connects to the battery bank and converted DC battery power to 220/380 Volt AC current and supplied power to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption).
- Grid-tie hybrid solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy is used by a MPPT Charge Controller to charge up a battery bank --> The battery bank stores the power for later use --> The inverter connects to the battery bank and converted DC battery power to 220/380 Volt AC current and supplies this power to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption) and/or supplied to the grid (stored/wheeled/banked/net-metering) --> Grid power (or a generator) is used as a backup to charge up a battery bank when the batteries start running low (in cases of higher consumption than usual or reduced charging from the solar panels than required).
What information we require to provide a quotation
- The best option will be for one of our solar engineers to do a FREE site assesment. To book an appointment call us on +27(0)128071023 / 074 367 8545 / 074 561 7976 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Site info: Location, available roof space/ground space, type of roof, roof facing (North, East & West), space available for MPPT(s), Inverter(s),Battery bank(s), etc
- Present energy usage: Total monthly energy use (in Rands and/or kWh/units) (Eskom bills would be handy), peak use (maximum demand), base load use (constant usage), etc
- Electrical Retucilation: single phase or 3 phase connection, DC board layout and space, grid connection, type of municipal/Eskom meter installed, etc
Residential solar power systems supply power to private homes and residence. These can be either Grid-tied solar systems, Off-grid solar systems, Grid-tied hybrid solar systems or grid-tied multi-hybrid solar systems.
|Back||Back to top|