JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Background - Commercial Solar Power Solutions
Commercial solar systems are solar systems used in Corporate & Industrial (C&I) markets on office blocks, shopping centers, factories, mines, commercial farms, hotels, lodges, Security Estates, etc.
The most widely used systems are grid-tied, self-consumption systems due to the energy production curve of the solar plant being comparable to the day usage curve in the average building.
Hybrid systems using a combination of solar, batteries, gen-sets and/or wind turbines are also available. Hybrid systems allow for off-grid micro-grids to be built in remote locations like mining compounds, military bases and isolated communities where grid access is difficult or expensive.
Community solar systems are large scale systems that service whole communities like golf estates, security estates, retirement villages, etc. These can either be installed as one system or dispersed on roof, carports or ground mount installations. The dispersed system works like one big power plant.
Commercial solar systems can be installed on rooftops (single or dispersed), carport, parking garages or ground-mount locations.
A full energy audit and feasibility analysis is conducted by our engineers before the system is installed to optimized the design and minimize installation costs. The grid/ gen-set provides any additional power requirements.
SEG does turnkey installations that includes: design, sizing, engineering, financing arrangements, component supply, electrical reticulation, installations, commissioning, management & Maintenance.
We are a full wrap EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) company. As well as an IPP (Independent Power Producer).
Benefits of Commercial Solar Power Systems
- Save money on energy from day 1. Pay off your solar system and get free energy (5 to 10 years).
- Tax write-off (1 to 3 years)(100% to 50/30/20%)
- Finance options include: Business loan, Bond extention, lease to own and PPA (Power Purchase Agreements)
- Carbon tax benefits due to solar power being Non-polluting (air & water), renewable and a quite solution for power generation.
- These are solar power systems that can be installed at busineseses, office block, shopping centres, farctories, mines or farms (with or without grid connections)
- Different system types available include; Off-grid, grid-tie or grid-interactive systems. With or without battery backups for load shedding and power outages.
- Solar Panels can either be installed on a roof, car port or ground mount (open field) structures. Battery bank(s), MPPT Charge Controllers and inverters can be installed in a garage, basement or battery room
- Can be an additional source of income for a property owner / landlord / developer
- Fuel saving hybrid solar system solutions can be provided where gen-sets are used for primary power
How do Commercial solar power systems work
- Grid-tied solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy gets converted from DC to 220/380 volt AC current and supplied to your local electrical network of the building --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption) and/or supplied to the grid (stored/wheeled/banked/net-metering).
- Off-Grid solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy is used by a MPPT Charge Controller to charge up a battery bank --> The battery bank stores the power for later use --> The inverter connects to the battery bank and converted DC battery power to 220/380 Volt AC current and supplied power to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption). These ure used where additional electricity capacity is required or where critical operations (like factory production lines or retail shops) need constant un-interrupted power.
- Grid-tie hybrid solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy is used by a MPPT Charge Controller to charge up a battery bank --> The battery bank stores the power for later use --> The inverter connects to the battery bank and converted DC battery power to 220/380 Volt AC current and supplies this power to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption) and/or supplied to the grid (stored/wheeled/banked/net-metering) --> Grid power (or a generator) is used as a backup to charge up a battery bank when the batteries start running low (in cases of higher consumption than usual or reduced charging from the solar panels than required).
What information we require to provide a quotation
- The best option will be for one of our solar engineers to do a FREE site assessment. To book an appointment call us on +27(0)128071023 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Site info: Location, available roof space/ground space, type of roof, roof facing (North, East & West), space available for MPPT(s), Inverter(s), Battery bank(s), etc.
- Present energy usage: Total monthly energy use (in Rands and/or kWh/units) (Eskom bills would be handy), peak use (maximum demand), base load use (constant usage), etc.
- Electrical Reticulation: single phase or 3 phase connection, DC board layout and space, grid connection, type of municipal/Eskom meter installed, etc.
- Book a FREE appointment or contact us for a FREE quotation on on +27(0)128071023 / 074 367 8545 / 074 561 7976 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Commercial solar power energy solutions are designed and installed at businesses like office block, shopping centres, factories, mines or farms (with or without grid connections). They save money by generating power, providing power during load shedding and supplying extra electricity capacity when and where needed.
|Back||Back to top|