JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
RESIDENTIAL SOLAR SOLUTIONS
WHAT WE DO:
We are full all in one turnkey solar electric contractors with a retail store in Menlyn Pretoria East. Operational countrywide as well as internationally. We also sell products & systems, which is in store (stock on hand). We have various live systems on display as well. Our knowledge base in solar stretches over 20 years.
We design, supply and install full turnkey Solar Power supply solutions that includes:
- System Sizing and engineered designs
- Energy Efficiency interventions and consulting
- Supply of all components and electrical fittings
- Turnkey installation of complete solutions
- COC and sign-off certificates provided
- Operations and maintenance agreements available
WHO ARE OUR CLIENTS:
- Home owners that want to be more independent from the grid but still use the grid for backup (Grid-tied hybrid solar solutions)
- Individuals that want to save money on their electricity bills but don’t need battery backup (Grid-tied solar power solutions)
- People that want to have their own power stations that pay themselves off in 5/6 years vs paying electricity forever
- Clients that want to get off the grid completely and live independently from the grid
- Off-grid/eco developments that don’t allow grid connections or prefer renewable energy options
- Farmers that want to save on pole costs and service fees and avoid security risks of power outages
- Off-grid camera systems, electric gates, electric fences, small scale houses
- Customers in rural villages that have no access to electricity
WHERE WE WORK:
- We have offices /stores in Tshwane (Pretoria), Johannesburg, Tzaneen and Mkhondo (Piet Retief) as well as Vaal Driehoek & Swaziland, Mozambique Botswana, & Namibia.
- With an installers and agents network across Southern Africa
- We can do work across the African continent (project management team with local labor)
HOW WE WORK:
- The client contacts us
- We do a needs and site assessment (if needed)
- A proposal is done and presented to the client
- The client accepts our quotation
- An implementation team is assigned
- The project is planned and completed
- The client &/or engineer signs off
- Operations and maintenance is done (if needed)
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
Contact our residential solar specialists to have your questions answered and receive a free quotation
Residential Solar Power Solutions
SEG provides residential solar from starter system that just run the basics to full off-grid systems that can run a whole house.
The systems types we do include: Grid-tied (self-consumption and net-metering), off-grid solar systems, hybrid solar systems and grid-interactive hybrid solar systems.
These are mostly meant for home owners either in cities (grid-interactive) or on farms/small holdings (off-grid/grid-interactive).
Residential conversion to solar is a relatively easy one if energy efficient appliances, geysers and stoves are used in combination with the solar solution. A mind shift is required as the customer ends up owning and managing their own power plant at home.
A comprehensive energy audit and site assessment is done beforehand to ensure that a client will have a right sized, sustainable solution with a long system life expectancy.
Systems pay themselves off in energy production and energy savings. The average pay-off period is 6 to 10 years compared to a 25 year life of system. These systems starts paying for themselves from day 1.
SEG does turnkey installations that includes: sizing, design, feasibilities, engineering, component supply, electrical reticulation, installations, commissioning, securing, monitoring, maintenance & management.
Benefits of Residential Solar Power
- Save money on energy. Pay off your solar system and get free energy.
- Non-polluting (air & water), renewable, quite solution for power generation.
- These are solar power systems that can be installed at private houses both in towns and on farms (with or without grid connections)
- Different system types available include; Off-grid, grid-tie or grid-interactive systems
- Solar Panels can either be installed on a roof, car port or ground mount (open field) structures
- Battery bank(s), MPPT Charge Controllers and inverters can be installed in a garage or battery room
How do residential solar power systems work
- Grid-tied solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy gets converted from DC to 220/380 volt AC current and supplied to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption) and/or supplied power to the grid (stored/wheeled/banked/net-metering).
- Off-Grid solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy is used by a MPPT Charge Controller to charge up a battery bank --> The battery bank stores the power for later use --> The inverter connects to the battery bank and converted DC battery power to 220/380 Volt AC current and supplied power to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption).
- Grid-tie hybrid solar power system: Solar panels generate energy by exposure to sun light --> This energy is used by a MPPT Charge Controller to charge up a battery bank --> The battery bank stores the power for later use --> The inverter connects to the battery bank and converted DC battery power to 220/380 Volt AC current and supplies this power to your local electrical network --> Power is used on the local network (self-consumption) and/or supplied to the grid (stored/wheeled/banked/net-metering) --> Grid power (or a generator) is used as a backup to charge up a battery bank when the batteries start running low (in cases of higher consumption than usual or reduced charging from the solar panels than required).
What information we require to provide a quotation
- The best option will be for one of our solar engineers to do a FREE site assesment. To book an appointment call us on +27(0)128071023 / 074 561 7976 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site info: Location, available roof space/ground space, type of roof, roof facing (North, East & West), space available for MPPT(s), Inverter(s),Battery bank(s), etc
- Present energy usage: Total monthly energy use (in Rands and/or kWh/units) (Eskom bills would be handy), peak use (maximum demand), base load use (constant usage), etc
- Electrical Retucilation: single phase or 3 phase connection, DC board layout and space, grid connection, type of municipal/Eskom meter installed, etc
|Back||Back to top|